Saturday, November 8, 2014

Purr-fectly Good Fun

This weekend, we had a hoot (or is it a "meow"?) at a fun and amusing place downtown that we had been wanting to get to for months -- a cat cafe! It's a cafe where people and cats hang out together, and people can watch and play with cats.

I wasn't sure what to expect going in. I imagined a place where cats were everywhere, jumping on tables and countertops. and begging for food. But it turned out to be much more low-key and pleasant than I had expected. It was very clean -- patrons were required to wash their hands before and after going inside the cafe. We had to take off our shoes and put on slippers inside the cafe. The space has many places where the cats can roam, climb, and hide, and toys for playing. There were probably about a dozen cats there. They seemed well taken care of and were beautiful. They were very mellow and allowed people to pet them (a little), but they did seem a bit grumpy, as if they would've preferred to be left alone. I don't blame them one bit -- if there were people wanting to touch me, play with me, and take pictures of me all day long, I would be grumpy too! 
I don't think there are enough signs for the cafe.
The grownups didn't get cute slippers like these!
Inside one of the rooms of the cafe, where all the cats were.
Part of the menu.
This kitty slept under our table for most of the time we were there.
Look at that face.
I loved this cat.
This cat was hiding out in one of the shelves.
Awww.
Purr-fect pose.
My hot chocolate.
Cats were lounging around everywhere.
A sweet kitten behind glass windows. It was only a little bigger than my hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment