Friday, July 19, 2013

One More Day: Freak-Out Friday

Tomorrow is The Big Day! By this time tomorrow, we will be on our way to the airport, if not already there. Totally freaking out here. Is it too late to change my mind?! Just kidding. Sort of.

Of course, I realize how lucky I am to actually realize my lifelong dream of living abroad. I am excited thinking about this adventure we're about to embark on, all the new places and things we will get to visit and see, new friends we will make, new foods to try, and the completely different mindset and life we will experience. It is a great opportunity to see and learn about the world. On the other hand, just thinking about all that also gives me heart palpitations. How will we navigate the language barrier? What if we don't make any new friends? What if we don't adjust to our new life? What if we hate it there?!

It is hard to imagine, but a week from today, we will have been in Thailand for almost one week! I'm trying to imagine what the next few days will bring, but nothing comes to mind. It's been a long time since I've traveled abroad, let alone lived abroad, so all this will be as foreign (no pun intended) to me as if I were born and lived in America my entire life. I'm trying to stay flexible and just go with the flow. But if you hear someone screaming online, that would probably be me.

See you later, America! Sa-wat-dee kah, Thailand!



No comments:

Post a Comment